Are you stuck in a rut serving the same old snacks? Combine sweet and salty goodness into one addictive treat….candied nuts. Candied nuts are quick and easy to make and enjoyable any time of the day. We’ve rounded up seven of our favorite candied nut recipes sure to make you and your guests, well – go nuts!
- with your favorite craft beer while watching the big game
- as a mid-day snack for a protein-packed pick me up at work or school
- added into your favorite trail mix recipe for a tasty on-the-go snack
- on top of yogurt or mixed into your regular granola for a yummy breakfast
- packaged in a tin, box or cello bag for a great gift
Candied nuts with cinnamon have been a crowd-pleaser for decades. We featured a popular recipe for Spicy Candied Walnuts in our 1970 Sugarplums from Sugarland Cookbook. Sure – the sweet cinnamon coating makes these a no-brainer to enjoy during the holidays, but you shouldn’t just serve them during the winter months. Candied nuts make a great snack all year round.
Want some nuts with a little kick? We’ve taken the taste (and heat level) up a notch by adding pepper to these candied nut recipes. Your guests will think you made a run to the local gourmet candy store when you serve these fired-up homemade treats.