5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
This super easy Easter treat honors our hard-working cotton tailed friend. These adorable marshmallow snacks are perfect for a school party, after-school treat, as an Easter basket surprise or Easter dinner dessert. Wrap them up in a cellophane bag and tie with a pretty ribbon, and they become a sweet gift for a teacher or friend.
- Rice Krispie®Treats (either store-bought or homemade)
- White candy melts
- Candy eyes
- Regular sized marshmallows (one per bunny)
- Pink colored sugar
- Royal icing
- Pink candy wafer/large round sprinkle
- Long chocolate sprinkles
- Round cookie or biscuit cutter
- Prepare Royal Icing and load into a piping bag or squeeze bottle. Choose an icing tip with a small opening.
- Cut the marshmallow treats into circles with a cookie cutter. (If using store-bought Rice Krispie® Treats, you may need to place two bars side-by-side to be large enough to cut the circle.)
- Using scissors, trim the point off of the white candy melt. Attempt to make it as flat as possible. (Little chefs will require help here.)
- Press the white candy melt (cut side down) onto your round Rice Krispie® Treat until the bottom of the candy melt sits flush with the top of the treat. Lift the candy melt up and place a small drop of Royal Icing in the indention and replace the candy melt on top of it.
- On top of the white candy melt, use a small dot of Royal Icing to attach the candy eyes, pink nose and chocolate sprinkle whiskers. Tweezers and/or toothpicks can come in handy when you place the nose and whiskers.
- Cut each marshmallow in half crosswise. Dip the sticky side of the marshmallow in the pink colored sugar. Use a drop of Royal Icing to attach the bunny’s ears.
- Let dry overnight and store in an airtight container.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects