5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
- Rice Krispie® Treats (either homemade or store-bought)
- Royal icing
- Food coloring
- Additional squeezable icings (optional)
- Piping bag or squeeze bottle and different shaped decorating tips
- Egg shaped cookie cutter
- Cut Rice Krispie Treats into egg shapes with cookie cutter. If using store-bought treats, you may have to place two treats side-by-side depending on the size of your cookie cutter.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or wax paper over treats and gently and evenly press down to flatten top. Do not flatten completely. You are just trying to create a more even surface.
- Prepare royal icing. Seperate into bowls and tint colors based on your preference.
- Using white royal icing in a piping bag, cover top of Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treat completely. Leave about a 1/4" edge around the outside. Use a toothpick to gently push the icing all the way to the edge. Placing the icing all they way to the edge from the bag may cause drips.
- Next, use different shades of royal icing (and different tips) to get creative with your Easter egg designs.
- Let dry overnight and store in an airtight container.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects