5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
When the dog days of summer get you down, give the kids permission to indulge in some good, clean and "messy" fun with this slime recipe that's safe to eat. Playing with slime is a great sensory experience for toddlers - and it is still just as much fun for older kids too. Let the oozy, gooey slime squish and drip between their fingers. Don't worry - clean up is easy!
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Food coloring
- In a pan, mix condensed milk, sugar and cornstarch together.
- Place over med-high heat, stirring until mixutre thickens.
- Mix in approximately 10 drops of food coloring. We selected green to make classic colored slime!
- Let mixture cool down completely before giving it to your child. Store in resealable plastic bag in the refrigerator.
- Use within 5 days as the slime will begin to harden in the refrigerator.
- It is best to play with Edible Slime away from carpet and upholstered furniture.
Home bakers have trusted Imperial Sugar since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects