5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Make an original painting for mom for Mother’s Day with paint that is fun to make and safe to eat. Our sugar-based mixture can be put together for a quick play date or a rainy afternoon activity for good, clean (or messy!) fun.
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 cups water
- red, green, blue and yellow food coloring
- Mix together sugar, corn starch and water in a saucepan.
- Heat mixture over medium heat while stirring with a whisk. As soon as it begins to thicken, remove from heat. If mixture is too thick, add water.
- Divide mixture equally between four bowls and add four drops of food coloring to each bowl.
- Store in an airtight container. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Home bakers have trusted Imperial Sugar since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects