5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
These creepy crawlies won't scare you - but they might make you smille! Slightly spooky Not So Spooky Spider Cookie treats will be the hit of your Halloween party. Rich chocolate cookies rolled in chocolate sprinkles with pretzel legs complete with candy eyeballs make a cute centerpiece for your treat table.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 48 thin pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 24 malted milk balls
- 48 candy eye balls
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and flour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in chocolate sprinkles. Add 4 pretzel sticks to each side of the cookie, making 8 legs.
- Place on baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. When the cookies come out of the oven, place a malted milk ball in the center of each cookie. Add candy eyeballs while the cookies are still warm.
- Let cool on sheets for 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Home bakers have trusted Imperial Sugar since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects