5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Bring the pumpkin patch inside your house! Kids and adults alike will love these adorable little Pumpkin Patch Rolls. Arrange these on a plate and they are an instant table centerpiece - until they are gobbled up!
An easy recipe for your kids during any fall holiday, your beginning bakers will have fun making these rolls. They can make the dough, shape it, and create their own little garden full of pumpkins. Kids love these, and are great for Halloween or Thanksgiving meals.
The rolls go beautifully as a brunch item with fruit and coffee. You'll taste the mildly spiced flavor that goes perfectly with savory or sweet items. Or, you can serve these rolls for dinner and your guests will be impressed with the look and the taste, as they pair well with any main course. Add a pat of butter and these rolls are even more divine!
- 4 1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm whole milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 8 whole grain pretzel twists
- royal icing (optional)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment mix 2 cups of flour and the yeast.
- In another bowl, mix together milk, pumpkin, butter, brown sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour into the flour mixture. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape the bowl and mix on high for 3 minutes.
- Switch the dough hook and add 2 more cups of flour. Knead on medium until the dough is smooth and elastic, adding more flour as needed.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl. Cover, and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 to 1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down and turn out onto floured surface. Divide dough into 16 pieces. Roll into ball shapes. Using a knife, cut 8 slices into the side of the dough. Transfer to two parchment lined baking sheets. Break the pretzels in half and insert one half into the center of the dough. Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the rolls are golden and make a hollow sound when tapped. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired, tint royal icing green and add to a piping bag fitted with a small round tip. Draw vines and leaves on top of rolls.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Home bakers have trusted Imperial Sugar since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects