5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
He may be best known for his short shorts and flying around town, but we've slowed him down long enough for your kids to have a drink in his name!
These Purple People Eater Ice Cream Floats are super-simple to make and only take 2 ingredients! We've provided our recipe for homemade Frozen Vanilla Custard, but you could also use store-bought ice cream if you don't have time to make your own.
You'll need to gather clear plastic cups, googly eyes, black pipe cleaners, hot glue, and scissors. Once you've assembled your Purple People Eater monster cups, just fill each one with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and grape soda. This same idea can be used to make Frankenstein Floats or Jack-O-Lantern Floats. Just switch out the grape soda for green or orange soda.
- 6 clear plastic cups
- 12 googly eyes
- Hot glue gun
- 6 black pipe cleaners
- 12 scoops Vanilla Bean Frozen Custard
- 1 liter grape soda
- In the center of the cup, about 2-inches below the lip of the cup, glue on googly eyes.
- Cut pipe cleaners into smaller pieces and fold/bend to create a mouth and eyebrows. Glue eyebrows above the googly eyes and glue the mouth below the eyes. Let cool, about 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add two scoops of vanilla frozen custard to each cup. Top with grape soda and serve immediately!
- Watch how to make them here!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects