5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
This Easter edible craft will make your kids all a-flutter with excitement! Delicious strawberry candy butterflies adorn this Easter basket. Include these homemade candies in a centerpiece, or add them as treats inside individual Easter baskets. These sweet butterflies can be wrapped in cellophane or placed in pretty bags for gifts, too.
- 4 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons evaporated milk
- .125 fluid ounce strawberry flavoring oil or 1 teaspoon strawberry flavoring
- 1 drop pink food coloring gel
- 50 lollipop sticks
- Mix together powdered sugar, butter, evaporated milk, and strawberry flavoring. Add a small drop of pink food coloring and mix until well-combined. Add food coloring until you reach the desired color, if needed.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Place another piece of parchment paper onto the counter for rolling.
- Pour strawberry candy dough onto the piece of parchment paper and knead by hand until smooth and well-combined. Roll the dough using a rolling pin to desired thickness.
- Using a butterfly shaped cookie cutter, cut out the shape of the butterfly. Place butterfly cutouts onto the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place a lollipop stick into the bottom center of the butterfly.
- Repeat until butterflies have all been made (this recipe makes about 50 butterflies).
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Home bakers have trusted Imperial Sugar since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects