5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
With Chef Eddy’s stamped cookie recipe you can transform simple paper-crafting rubber stamps into culinary tools and create a unique cookie – edible art that your entire family can make. You can make holiday themed stamped cookies, monogrammed stamped cookies, sports themed stamped cookies – you can personalize your stamped cookies to your heart’s content.
- Chef Eddy’s stamped cookie recipe
- Clean rubber or acrylic stamps
- Royal icing or fondant
- “Ink” for your stamps: food coloring gel, paste food coloring or edible ink markers
- Paintbrushes (for paste food coloring)
- Edible glitter, edible sugar pearls
- Luster dust
- Prepare cookie dough per instructions. Place dough in refrigerator until firm enough to roll. About 30-40 minutes or overnight.
- Meanwhile on the work surface area where you will be rolling dough, place a cookie sheet filled with ice cubes to chill this area.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick and cut into desired shapes. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place briefly in freezer to make the cutouts very cold and firm. Continue with remaining dough.
- Using your stamp, press firmly into dough to obtain well defined marks.
- Brush with water and sprinkle with extra fine granulated sugar.
- Bake according to recipe.
To use craft stamps to decorate baked cookies, you’ll need a canvas (white is a good place to begin), either using royal icing or white fondant, which can be purchased at any craft store.
To apply your stamp to your iced cookies, you’ll need a clean rubber or acrylic stamp and either food coloring gel, paste food coloring or edible ink markers. Cover your stamps with your color of choice and gently stamp your cookies. Feeling more artistic? Carry on and add some edible glitter or colorful edible sugar pearls. Luster dust, typically used for cake decorating, can be used to add shimmer a stamped cookie. Dampen the dust with lemon extract and then carefully apply to each cookie with a tiny brush.
Many stamps are too detailed to work in cookie dough. Look for stamps that use simple art like these show above.
Even if your stamps are brand new, clean them carefully before you use them for anything edible.
You can use the edge of a spoon or other utensil to make straight lines and simple curves.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects