5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
You may never go back to vanilla extract once you’ve made your own vanilla sugar. This sensory delight is treat for both the nose and the taste buds. The old-fashioned flavor of vanilla sugar spices up any recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated or Light Brown Sugar
- 2 vanilla beans
One 12-oz. glass jar
- Place sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Lengthwise, slice open the vanilla bean pods, scrape out the insides and place in the bowl with the sugar. Chop up the vanilla bean itself and drop it into the bowl.
- Pour the sugar/bean mixture in the jar and shake.
- Let set for a week and shake at least once a day.
- By the end of the week, your sugar will be ready to use.
- The vanilla sugar can be replenished with additional sugar and beans in the same container.
Home bakers have trusted Imperial Sugar since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects