5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
This might just be the easiest, most meaningful craft you make all holiday season long! Help your family create a tangible way to count their blessings with this sweet craft project. Grab a jar you have sitting around the house, and create this keepsake blessings jar. Keep the jar in a common area, such as the kitchen or living room. Label the jar with our free printable labels.
Cut strips of blank paper that will fit folded up inside the jar. Set them beside the jar and encourage your family to write things down that they are thankful for during the month of November. Then, on Thanksgiving, sit together and take turns reading aloud all of the blessings your family named. Have each person pick random pieces of paper out of the jar so everyone will be surprised.
- One medium sized jar
- Blank paper
- Pen or pencil
- Blessings Jar label
- Print out the Blessings Jar label and afix it to the outside of your jar. Set the jar in a common area in your home.
- Cut up strips of blank paper and set beside the jar with a pen or pencil.
- Ask family members to write down what they are thankful for and place it in the jar throughout the month of November.
- Around Thanksgiving time, have each family member take turns pulling out paper from the jar and reading it aloud.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects