5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Kids love watching nature, let’s make it easy for them to see it. Attract butterflies to your yard with homemade butterfly food and keep it in this cute container near your garden, flowers, and trees. A simple box made with popsicle sticks, glue, and paint holds a sponge soaked with butterfly food.
Glue popsicle sticks together and let dry. Paint the outside with bright colors (butterflies are attracted to bright colors) and decorate the containers to look pretty in your garden.
Line the bottom of the container with foil to avoid getting the bottom wet. Change out the sponge every few days and watch the butterflies from your window.
- Popsicle sticks
- Sharp scissors
- Butterfly food
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- Prepare sugar paste: In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar and cup of cold water. Add boiling water. Stir to combine and let come to room temperature.
- Glue 7 popsicles sticks together. Glue two popsicle sticks to the back to reinforce the sticks. Repeat until you have 5 sides. Let dry completely. (Store sugar paste in an airtight container while your paint dries.)
- Use scissors to trim the edges off of two of the sides. Use glue to create walls and let dry completely. You may want to use a glass to hold the walls in place while the glue dries.
- Paint the outside of the box a bright color. Decorate as you like.
- Line the bottom of the box with foil. Soak a sponge in butterfly food and place on top of the foil. Enjoy watching the butterflies visiting your garden.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects