5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Make the countdown to Easter even sweeter with a homemade paper mache basket using an edible sugar decoupage recipe.
This easy Easter craft project will give kids the chance to show the Easter bunny their creativity when he hops by to leave treats on Easter morning.
- Fabric scraps
- Wide ribbon with wire trim
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil (grapeseed, olive, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Hot glue
- Mix flour, sugar, water and oil in a pot and stir over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture to make decoupage.
- Cut small squares of fabric in different patterns and colors.
- Blow up a balloon to the size you want your basket to be.
- Cover the fabric squares in decoupage and place fabric squares around bottom and up the sides of the balloon. Work until you are about halfway up the balloon.
- Set the balloon, fabric side up, into a glass and let dry for 24 - 48 hours.
- Once dry, pop the balloon.
- Attach ribbon for basket handle with a small bit of hot glue on each side.
- Fill with Easter grass and Easter treats.
Home bakers have trusted Imperial Sugar since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects