5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
You’ll go batty making these cute and easy Halloween themed candle holders and vases. Light casts a beautiful glow through the sugar coating; illuminating the vinyl design underneath. We used our Sugar Crystal Candle Holder project as inspiration but added another layer of spooky fun! These are a great, inexpensive Halloween decorations.
- Spread layer of sugar onto a plate and set aside.
- Trace a silhouette on black vinyl and cut out.
- Attach vinyl cut outs to glass container with sticker backing.
- Paint your glass container liberally with Modge Podge. The more Modge Podge you use, the better the sugar will stick to the glass.
- Roll your candle holder evenly over the sugar on the plate. Once it’s coated, pat the sugar down with your hands to be sure it is evenly coated.
- Let it dry for at least a couple of hours before using. You can spray a clear glass sealant over the candle holder after it’s dry to prevent the sugar from falling off over time.
Home bakers have trusted Imperial Sugar since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects