5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
What's inside the Mystery Box? Here's a fun, sensory and spooky Halloween game that will oooh and ahhh little guests. Children put their hand inside the box and try to figure out what spooky thing is hidden inside. The grosser the better! Let their imaginations go wild.
Make several boxes and label them if you wish, or just let them keep guessing! We've provided some ideas for you below. You are sure to hear lots of screams and gasps as children try them out.
Need some help filling your mystery box? Here are some creepy contents you might want to consider: cold cooked spaghetti for brains, peeled grapes for eyeballs, dried apricots for monster ears. pipe cleaners for spider legs, corn kernels for monster teeth and more! Be sure to place wet items inside a resealable plastic bag before placing them inside the box. See below for a full list of ideas.
Ideas for filling the Mystery Box:
- cold cooked spaghetti for brains
- peeled grapes for eyeballs
- dried apricots for monster ears
- pipe cleaners for spider legs
- corn kernels for monster teeth
- yarn for monster fur
- long sliced bananas for witch’s tongues
- carrot sticks for witch’s fingers
- paper box
- glitter tape
- glitter glue
- decoupage glue (recipe follows)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Make the decoupage glue. Mix flour, sugar, water and oil in a pot and stir over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture to make glue.
- Cut paper to fit the width of your box. Use decoupage glue to adhere paper to box. Let dry.
- Embellish and decorate with glitter tape and glitter glue.
- Fill with spooky items.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Home bakers have trusted Imperial Sugar since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects