5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Deck the halls with fun and style by making these homemade fabric scrap ornaments! Your kids will love getting creative, working with different types of fabric, making beautiful keepsake ornaments to have for years or to give as gifts.
- Small strips and squares of holiday themed printed material, brown muslin or burlap.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil (grapeseed, olive, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Styrofoam balls
- Paint brush
- Twine or ribbon
- Mix flour, sugar, oil and water in a pot over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture to make the decoupage.
- Cut fabric into small strips and squares.
- Paint styrofoam balls with decoupage and attach fabric. Paint over each fabric piece after attaching so you can layer on more fabric as well as seal the ornament together.
- After fully covered, set aside to dry (this will take several hours).
- When dry, use a pin to attach a small twine or ribbon loop so you can hang on the tree.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects