5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Why purchase boring store-bought Valentine’s Day cards when you can have a great time making your own? We started this fun and easy paint project with our sugar-based edible finger paint recipe, then we grabbed some marbles and cardstock. With a few shakes (and a lot of smiles), we had a beautiful and colorful card made with love.
- Edible Finger Paint in several colors
- 3-4 marbles
- A container large enough to hold your cardstock. Plastic food storage containers or casserole dishes work well. You want whatever you use to have sides.
- White and colored cardstock
- Tape or glue
- Permanent markers
- Stickers, stamps, ribbon or any other embellishments you have on hand
- Place a piece of white cardstock in the bottom of the container.
- Add several drops of different colored edible finger paint on the cardstock (Hint: you can use several colors, but don’t mix too many or the design will turn out muddy.)
- Roll and/or shake the marbles around over the cardstock until it is covered and you achieve the look you want. Here's an example of what ours looked like:
- Set cardstock aside to dry. It’s ok if the paint is a little clumpy.
- After the paint is dry, cut the cardstock into hearts.
- Fold a piece of colored cardstock in half. (We made two cards out of a piece 8 1/2” x 11” in size.)
- Tape or glue the heart down on the cardstock, add message with markers or stamps and decorate with other embellishments.
We have all kinds of fun (and free!) Valentine's printables ready for download. Visit our Valentine's Printables page for:
- Cupcake toppers
- Candy bag toppers
- Printable Valentine's Day cards
- Cocoa can covers
- Valentine's treat boxes and more!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects