5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Trick AND Treat! Get into the Halloween spirit with bug-filled soap that is so easy to make, it’s scary. Your kids will have a great time making these fragrant and decorative bars from our modified Homemade Brown Sugar Soap Recipe. These good, clean fun Halloween treats will make your family and friends do a double-take when they see the surprise inside. Use lavender essential oil or liven it up even more with some eucalyptus or peppermint!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite essential oil (peppermint, lavender, vanilla, etc.)
- 16 ounces clear glycerin melt-and-pour soap
We used our Homemade Brown Sugar Soap recipe. While you can still see the bugs inside, brown sugar gives the finished product a brownish-tint, so we used granulated sugar instead.
- Cut melt-and-pour soap into cubes and place into a double boiler.
- Cover with lid.
- Once soap is melted, remove it from the heat and mix in granulated sugar and vitamin E oil.
- Put mixture in a glass measuring cup and stir in the essential oil.
- Pour into soap molds until about halfway full.
- Place in your favorite plastic bugs. (We found our creatures at the dollar store.) Remember that your mold is upside down, so put bugs in so they are facing the top of the soap when complete.
- Top off the mold with more of the soap mixture and let set.
Home bakers have trusted Imperial Sugar since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects