5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Here's a haunted house you can keep around year after year - and you don't have to be scared! Make your own creepy Halloween mansion and make it as spooky (or not) as you like. Both kids and adults will love making this scary little Halloween decoration. If you can imagine it, you can build it.
Start by drawing your plan out on a piece of paper. Build the walls and let them dry completely. Glue the pieces in place and then paint and decorate to your heart’s content.
You can add windows and door frames and decorate your house for the seasons. This project is hours of fun.
- Popsicle sticks
- Sugar paste (recipe below)
- Sharp scissors
- Paint and brushes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- Draw your house on a piece of paper. Glue popsicle sticks together to form walls.
- Reinforce the walls by gluing 2 popsicle sticks in the opposite direction to add support.
- Let pieces dry completely.
- Glue pieces together to build the structure. Cut ends to trim to fit as needed. Dry completely.
- Paint the house and decorate as desired.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects