5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Celebrate the Fourth of July in style with patriotic paper lanterns. These lanterns are easy and fun to make with just tissue paper and home-made edible decoupage. They’ll provide a festive decoration for a patio that will keep the party going long after the sun sets and the fireworks have ended.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil (grapeseed, olive, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Red and blue tissue paper
- White paper lantern (can be found at dollar store or hobby shop)
- Mix flour, sugar, water and oil in a pot and stir over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture to make decoupage.
- Cut stars (we prepared several different sizes) out of blue and red tissue paper. You can cut them free-hand or use a stencil.
- Paint a very thin layer of decoupage on the lantern about the size of the star. Be careful not to paint it on too thick or to use too much pressure or the paper lantern may rip.
- Adhere star to lantern then paint over the star with a thin layer of decoupage.
- Hang to dry.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects