5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Here's a fun Halloween activty that will keep the kids busy with fun! Whether you're having a kids' Halloween party, or just want to get into the spooky spirit of the holiday, these magic spider webs will do the trick.
Kids will be so surprised to find hidden spider webs in these paintings. Using glue, draw a spider web on each piece of paper. Let dry completely (overnight is best), and then use watercolors to paint over the dried glue. Like magic, spider webs will appear. Add some spiders and you have an adorable craft perfect for Halloween.
Put these paintings around the house for a creepy look. Use them to decorate walls, tablescapes and more.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- white paper
- paint brushes
- orange and black watercolors
- spider stickers
- Mix flour, sugar, water and oil in a pot and stir over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture to make glue.
- Paint spider webs using glue mixture over paper. Let dry completely, preferably overnight.
- Have children brush watercolor over dried glue and webs will appear.
- When dry, add spider stickers.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Home bakers have trusted Imperial Sugar since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects