5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Perfect for a party favor or a table decoration, these adorable turkey bags are great for holding lots of yummy snacks. We've paired them with a Pumpkin Spice Cereal Snack. This activity is both a great recipe and a craft to do with kids. Get the family together or host a children's party this fall - and let kids get creative! They will love making this delicious snack - with pumpkin spices, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Make the bags separately and them fill them with the snack.
When finishing the bags, you can even add fun pictures to the bag with marker to make each bag unique. Take these to your neighbors as a "Thankful For You" gift around Thanksgiving time, or give them to teachers as a "Thank You For All You Do."
Supplies for Turkey Paper Bags:
- mini kraft paper bags
- orange, red, and yellow construction paper
- black marker
- Cut out feathers with construction paper. Staple in a fan shape. Set aside.
- Cut out a teardrop with red paper and a triangle with orange paper. Glue teardrop for the gobbler and the triangle for the beak. Glue to the bag. Use marker to draw eyes.
- Fill bags with cereal snack. Fold to close, tape feathers to the back of the bag.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Cereal Snack:
- 9 cups rice cereal squares
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add cereal to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice to a 2 gallon zip top bag. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter on 50% power for 2 minutes. Stir until everything is melted and smooth. Add vanilla.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and stir until completely coated.
- Transfer to the bag and close tightly. Shake until well coated. Spread out onto a baking sheet to cool.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Home bakers have trusted Imperial Sugar since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects