5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Looking for a special way to decorate your Thanksgiving table this year? This adorable keepsake handprint platter will be the star of the table and sure to be a piece that provides memories for years and years to come.
- Orange, yellow, red, green and brown enamel paint. We used DecoArt Gloss Enamels by Americana which we found at our local arts and crafts supply store. Be sure you use paint that is made for ceramics so it will last!
- A paint brush
A white ceramic plate or tray
- Clean the surface you are going to paint.
- Paint the palm and thumb of your child’s hand with brown paint and each finger with a separate color. Do this quickly so that the paint doesn’t dry!
- Press your child’s hand onto the paint, pushing on each finger and the middle of the hand so that all of the paint transfers to the plate.
- Paint the turkey’s legs, feet, beak and wattle (the red thing that hangs off his neck!)
- Add a special message. We also put the name of each child by his and her turkey handprint and the year we made it.
Air cure the plate or platter for 21 days OR bake after drying for 48 hours by placing the platter in a cool oven then heating it to 325°F and bake for 30 minutes. Cool the platter in the oven.
While the paint is now set and the platter is safe for hand washing, it is not recommended that food be eaten directly from it.
Home bakers have trusted Imperial Sugar since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects