- 1 bag frozen strawberries
- 1 ripe banana (peeled & sliced)
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves with any stems removed
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1 scoop of vanilla flavored whey protein powder
- 1-1/4 cup of 1% or skim milk (can also be made with almond milk)
- 1 bag of mixed berries (preferrably, blue berries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 2 drops of food grade lemon essential oil
- Optional: 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Add fruit first (including unfrozen banana), blend for 5 seconds.
- Add Spinach, Kale, protein powder, brown sugar, lemon, and milk blend until smooth.
- If smoothie is too liquidy add ice or if too thick add a tablespoon more of milk until desired consistancy.
This Protein Smoothie recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.