Baked Apple with Coconut Dressing
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:30 to 0:50
- 6 large apples, cored
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 egg whites
- Bake apples at 350°F until soft (about 30-50 minutes).
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Beat butter with powdered sugar. Add cream and fold in beaten egg whites. Stir in zest and juice from orange and coconut.
- Fill apples with mixture. Chill or serve immediately.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
This recipe was originally published in the 1930 edition of the Bag Full of Recipes cookbook.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: deborah l :: jacquie o :: ChefDebbie :: jodi b :: Bstarr :: Patti :: Youree Jean M :: DG :: fgrismore :: SqueakyS :: debbie h :: c :: Kelly R :: bperry :: fransisthompson :: mrsezelley :: winnie :: Ann :: vmall056 :: Joyce Korn