Prep time :
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 cups water
- 8 springs of fresh lavender sprigs or 2 tablespoons dried lavender blossoms
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (from about 10 lemons)
- Optional: Lavender sprigs for garnish
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar and 1 cup of water. Stir frequently until the sugar has dissolved completely. Add lavender and remove from heat. Allow the lavender to steep for at least 30 minutes. Strain the lavender from the syrup and discard.
- In a large pitcher, combine lavender syrup, lemon juice, and the remaining 3 cups of water. Stir, taste, and add additional water, if needed, to suit your tastes.
- To serve: pour over glasses of ice and garnish with a lavender sprig, if desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
- Use culinary lavender NOT ornamental.
- Using dried lavender blossoms will slightly tint the lemonade purple.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Meredith Steele @InSockMonkeySlippers.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Michele :: Eflaniken :: HeavenlyBaker :: Daniel W :: michelle k :: Cici :: Scott W :: Babs R :: Debra D :: mcovensky :: Rosalia F :: ambsamps :: ChefReneeS :: Michael O :: tara mcgowan :: e b :: Joann :: tiffanyblvns :: Archie :: Lisa