- 6 large limes
- 2 tablespoons green, black, or herb tea leaves
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Optional: 1 cup Jamaican Rum
- Ice, for serving
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Remove peel of limes with sharp knife or vegetable peeler, in large sections or in spirals. Set them aside in a deep bowl.
- Squeeze limes to make 1 ½ cups lime juice.
- Boil 2 cups of water and add tea leaves. Steep tea for 5 minutes. Strain tea over lime peel.
- Add sugar to hot tea and stir until dissolved. Let tea steep for another 5 minutes. Strain lime peel from tea.
- Add lime juice and rum (if using) to tea.
- Refrigerate until chilled, then serve over ice with additional lime slices (optional).