Shirley Temple with Homemade Grenadine
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:20 to 0:25
1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 (8 oz) cans lemon lime soda
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- To make grenadine, bring pomegranate juice and sugar to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thick and syrupy. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Transfer to an airtight container. If not using immediately, store in the refrigerator and use within 3 weeks.
- To make Shirley Temples, fill glasses with ice and use 1 ounce of homemade grenadine for each 8 ounces of lemon lime soda. Garnish with maraschino cherries.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
NOTE: Feel free to adjust the sweet/tart ratio to your liking by adding more or less sugar.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: janonnie parker :: tammy767 :: Marsha Faust :: Jamie Lynn :: rickeye3 :: Jeannie Smith :: bonnie M :: Joyce Edwards :: Debby :: midilei12 :: Lisa D :: Irene V :: Johna D :: nova a :: Greich :: Cwall :: Mary V :: DAVID :: mary :: Marcie Anderson