- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup pink grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain yogurt
- 1 oz bourbon
- crushed ice
- In a sauce pan combine sugar and water. Whisk until sugar is dissolved and simmer 5 minutes forming a simple syrup. Remove from heat.
- Add crushed mint leaves and let steep for 20 minutes. Strain out the mint leaves. Let cool.
- In a blender combine 1/2 cup pink grapefruit juice, 1/2 cup unsweetened plain yogurt, 1 oz of your favorite Kentucky bourbon, and 1/4 cup mint syrup.
- Add crushed ice and blend to your desired consistency.
- Best served in a chilled julep cup with a sprig of mint.
- Store extra mint syrup in a closed glass jar.
This Tangy Mint Julep Smoothie recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.