Hot Caramel Apple Cider
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
6 - 8 one cup mugs
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole cloves
- 2 strips orange zest
- Whipped cream
- In large pan, over medium high heat, combine sugar, corn syrup water and salt. Stir until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is bubbling. STOP stirring.
- Allow to cook until sugar mixture starts to turn a dark amber color and smells of caramel. Be careful it can switch from caramel to burnt sugar quickly so don’t leave its side!
- As soon as it is a dark amber color, remove from heat and add butter. It will hiss and steam, stir quickly until butter is incorporated. Add cream and stir quickly until that too is mixed in thoroughly. Stir in vanilla.
- Remove 1/3 cup of caramel and set aside. In pot of caramel, add cider, cinnamon sticks, cloves and orange zest. Stir and heat until steamy.
- Ladle in to cups (being careful to take out cloves and cinnamon and zest first). Top each cup of cider with whipped cream and a drizzle of reserved caramel.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Mischa H :: Becky Blumberg :: Bobberella :: Candie :: Tina Durham :: CitizenGrain :: Mrs.pastrychef :: Roxanne S :: Hope S :: Helene Moffatt :: Joyce Atkinson :: BeckyB :: tonyasmbh :: Lily J :: Frederick W :: Bill S :: Kristi R :: ira kermani :: Meredith J :: Robin W