- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups (about 4-5) very ripe and finely mashed bananas
- Optional: 1 cup pecan pieces
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour and baking soda and set aside.
- For easy removal from pan brush a 9x5 inch loaf pan with melted butter. Cut parchment paper and line the sides of pan with parchment paper. (Butter keeps parchment in place.) Set aside.
- In bowl cream butter until light and creamy, add maple syrup and brown sugar, vanilla and salt and mix until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated and batter is smooth.
- Add mashed bananas and combine, add flour mixture and blend until smooth. .
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and place in oven on middle rack.
- Bake until center of banana bread is no longer sticky or an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.