- 2 cups warm water
- 6 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 6 cups bread flour*
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 12 cups water
- 6 tablespoons baking soda
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Mix brown sugar, salt and yeast together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix oil and water together and then add to the sugar mixture.
- Transfer mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough hook. Add the flour and mix to a nice doughy consistency. Knead with a stand mixer for 5-7 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 24 balls and shape into rolls. Let rise in a warm place on a greased sheet pan for 20-30 minutes, until nice and fluffy.
- While allowing rolls to rise, bring water and baking soda to a simmer in a wide pan with straight sides.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place rolls in the water and simmer for 2 minutes flipping half way through.
- Drain and place on a cookie sheet. Repeat until all the rolls are poached
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and bake until pretzel brown, about 12-15 minutes.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.