Sticky Chocolate Monkey Bread
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- In mixing bowl add 2 cups of flour and dry east. With paddle attachment on, stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan add butter, sugar and milk. Cook over low heat until butter melts and milk is just lukewarm.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly pour warm milk into flour. Stir to combine.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Replace paddle attachment with dough hook.
- On low speed, gently knead in the salt and remaining flour.
- Once all flour is added, increase mixer speed to medium and knead for 6 minutes, stopping mixer to scrape sides of bowl every 2 minutes.
- The dough should be soft and elastic, but does not clear itself completely off sides of bowl.
- With buttered hands remove dough from mixing bowl and place it in a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature until doubled in volume, just over an hour.
- When dough is risen, divide it in 24 pieces.
- In another small bowl combine chocolate chips with caramel bits.
- With your hands flatten one of dough pieces. Add about 2 teaspoons of the chocolate & caramel chips and fold to seal. Place it in a buttered bundt pan.
- Do the same with remaining 23 dough pieces.
- Once all pieces have been filled and arranged into bundt pan, cover and let rest for 30 more minutes .
- In the meantime, heat the oven to 375°F.
- Just before baking bread, in a small saucepan, heat the remaining butter with brown sugar. Pour over monkey bread.
- Bake bread in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Turn oven off and remove the monkey bread from the oven. Let rest for 10 minutes before inverting it on a plate.
- Serve warm.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Roxana Yawgel at Roxana's Home Baking.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: michelle m :: gailbk11 :: Leanne :: Lynnea O :: Kay :: Cristal :: Brandi O :: Cindy P :: dana h :: Karen F :: Sharrie B :: Joyce B :: BETSY :: James Gloster :: kircher :: Samantha :: aumbleby :: Nancy :: Maribel Montes de Oca :: pattyd74