- 1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin or 2 cups homemade pumpkin puree (my preference)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box butterscotch pudding mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In large bowl, whip eggs until frothy. Add oil and sugar. Cream together with eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Pour into 2 greased bread pans. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Remove and immediately sprinkle generously with more sugar. Let cool and remove from pans.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
This recipe has evolved over 25 years of trial and effort (with 3 ingredient changes and 2 preparation changes), and the result is a wonderfully moist and sweet batter bread.