- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- Grated rind of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9X5-inch loaf pan with butter or Crisco. Dust lightly with flour. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add milk, lemon rind and dry ingredients. Stir well.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- To prepare lemon glaze, mix lemon juice with 1/2 cup powdered sugar until smooth and combined. Pour over loaf while hot.