Vanilla Bread Delight
Prep time :
- 10 sandwich white bread slices
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 cups water
- Vanilla ice cream
- Toasted chopped almonds for garnish
- Cherries for garnish
- Whipped cream
- In a deep dish pan, add vegetable oil for frying (can use a deep fryer if you have one).
- In a cooking pot add 2 cups of sugar and add 3 cups of water and let sugar melt and bring it to boil. After the boil let it cook for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove edges of bread and cut each bread to make it 2 rectangles.
- Deep fry these bread slices until golden brown (one by one).
- Dip bread in sugar syrup and coat syrup on both side and remove immediately. Place bread in a serving bowl and dollop whipped cream and a cherry on top. Garnish with chopped almonds and serve.
- You can also dip bread in sugar syrup for slightly longer (about 1 minute) until it soaks in sugar syrup. Then, place bread slices in a glass bowl and smash bread completely to form a smooth paste. You can use a metal spoon to smash it. You can also use a blender or a food processor.
- Serve warm bread mixture with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and garnish one cherry and chopped almonds on top. The key is to serve bread warm. Warm bread and cold ice cream is a great combination!
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
This bread mixture can be frozen for later use too.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Bita :: Debbie W :: wyatt w :: peet.moss1 :: The Praline Queen :: Mary :: isabel :: Kat E :: vanessa :: Linda Telford :: Mamita :: BB :: Renae D :: Susan :: Beverly :: MPope :: Jackie :: csgarza :: Elva R :: Ling