Blueberry Coconut French Toast Bake
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
2 - 8 hours resting time
1 8X8 pan, serves 6
- 1 baguette (10 oz) sourdough, challah, or similar bread
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 6 large eggs
- 1 can (14 oz) light coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- Lightly coat an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes and spread in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Scatter the blueberries over the top.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, coconut milk, cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup coconut, then pour over the egg mixture. Scatter the remaining coconut on top. Cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, remove the baking dish from the refrigerator. Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the center is moist but not wet. Serve immediately.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Clarke @WellPlated.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: steph :: Barbara B :: mxmasnow :: nmendes752 :: gina kollross :: lovek :: Sherri eaton :: Tnvfrrider :: Regina :: Vero Davis :: Louise Proulx :: sarah :: empress666 :: DeAnn P :: Bet :: Patty :: Lynn R :: Shelby :: cmross508 :: Audrey Salazar