- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place butter into large ovenproof skillet. Place skillet in oven for 3-5 minutes while you are making batter.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with pumpkin, milk and sugar, then whisk in flour and spices. Mix in vanilla. Pour batter into butter filled skillet and return to oven for 5 minutes, then reduce temperature to 375°F and continue to bake for another 30 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve with syrup and whipped cream, if desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.