- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups large chopped peaches, about 3
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a cupcake or muffin tin with 12 paper cups or brush with melted butter and then sprinkle with flour and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and both sugars and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, whisk together eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Add buttermilk and 1 1/2 cups of peaches.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix only until combined. Over mixing will make muffins rubbery.
- Scoop into muffin pans and sprinkle with remaining peaches. If desired sprinkle with some additional brown sugar and place in oven. Bake until center of muffins bounce back when lightly pressed with a finger, about 23 minutes.