Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup well-packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons dark or light Rum
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans
- 3 bananas
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter in a sauté pan. Add brown sugar, vanilla extract, rum, cinnamon and salt and heat until mixtures bubbles and sugar is dissolved.
- Slice bananas crosswise in two and halved lengthwise. Placed bananas in sauté pan and turn heat to medium. After a minute or so turn bananas upside down to heat on the other side. Add nuts if using.
- Once bananas are fork tender serve over a scoop of ice cream and serve immediately.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: lisa k :: tiffany gould :: miriam c :: Joan W :: Christine C :: Denette B :: reneeg :: Casie Auxier :: Adel187 :: Stephanie K :: Liana DeLaTorre :: layla :: vivian latham :: Penny T :: Penny Markarian :: Donna Kellogg :: June J :: melissa :: Metgark :: Alyssa DeVries