- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor, whisk cream cheese and sugar into a crumbly mixture. Remove the mixture and then, puree the blackberries in the food processor (you should have about 1/2 cups worth of puree); strain out seeds (10 minutes).
- Return the puree and sugar mixture back to the food processor and blend for 10 seconds, followed by cream and milk, until full incorporated for an additional 10 seconds.
- Pour mixture into ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer instructions. Freeze in airtight container.
*Recipe tested using KitchenAid Ice Cream attachment, churned for 20 minutes.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
This recipe was also tested using less sugar. If you prefer to reduce the amount of sugar you can use 1/3 granulated sugar for a more refreshing treat.