- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon dried ginger
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (2 sticks) soft unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F .
- Butter and flour a 9 x 13 inch deep baking pan. For easy removal of baked cake place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and white pepper. Set aside.
- Mix butter until light and creamy. Add brown sugar and molasses and mix until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add oil and mix in well.
- Add eggs one at a time and scrape well in between. Add vanilla, salt, half of buttermilk and mix until just combined.
- Add half of flour and mix until blended. Add remaining buttermilk and once combined add remaining flour. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter in prepared pan and place in oven until center bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. About 30 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
During cold days nothing satisfies like moist and delicious gingerbread. Serve at home or bring to the office.