- 8 tablespoons cold margarine, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 5 to 8 plums, sliced into 1/2 inch circles
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
*Using spoon fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. (Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For pastry shell, place all ingredients, except cornstarch, into a plastic zipper bag. Push air out of the bag and zip. Squeeze bag until dough forms. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Press into a tart pan. Prick with fork all over to release steam when baking. Bake 7 to 10 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool. Sprinkle dough with cornstarch.
- For fruit filling, lay fruit on pastry shell in overlapping concentric circles. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon or you can sprinkle the desired amount with Imperial Sugar Cinnamon Sugar Shaker. Bake for 45 minutes. Cool (or can now be frozen).
- For glaze, in a saucepan, melt jam. With a pastry brush, sweep jam glaze over fruit.
This Glazed Plum Tart recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.