- 2 tablespoons sweet butter, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons water or more
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Brush a marble slab or cool, smooth work surface with softened butter.
- Dissolve sugar in water in a heavy saucepan set over medium heat.
- Boil syrup until it becomes thick and clear and reaches thread-stage (223°F to 234°F on a candy thermometer). Add pecan halves and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until nuts absorb syrup and begin to crackle.
- Remove pan from heat and continue to stir pecans until they are dry.
- Return pan to heat and stir constantly (adding a drop of water to moisten, if necessary) until pecans are glazed and their coating is golden brown.
- Turn nuts out onto buttered slab, let stand for a minute and then separate them with a spatula.
- When cooled, separate any nuts that have stuck together and store in an airtight bag at room temperature.
This Pecan Pralines recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.