Peppermint Brownie Cake Pops
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Freeze 1 hour or more
- 1 1/2 cups
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (1 1/2 sticks)
- 3 squares (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 1 cup prepared butter cream frosting
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peppermint candy, divided
- 36 lollipop sticks
- 1 package (20 ounces) vanilla or chocolate almond bark, chopped
*Using spoon fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. (Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, butter, and chocolate in a heavy saucepan; heat over low heat stirring occasionally until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool.
- Add eggs one at a time until well combined. Stir in vanilla and flour. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Crumble brownies into a large bowl. Add frosting; beat on low speed with an electric mixer until combined.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of candy. Using ice cream scoop shape into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place on prepared pans. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer; insert lollipop stick; freeze 60 minutes more or until firm.
- Melt almond bark over a double boiler until melted. Dip brownie pops into melted candy; tapping off excess chocolate.
- Sprinkle with additional chopped peppermint candy, if desired. Place on prepared tray. Allow coating to set.
- Store in covered containers in refrigerator until ready to serve. Allow to come to room temperature to serve.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: carrie r :: Cindy A :: Eduardo M :: Kimber W :: Felton M :: Pat V :: Tatyana G :: Bec D :: elaine f :: Regina F :: Tayna D :: Keith H :: Liliana R :: Cynthia W :: Jerlynn H :: Sabrina P :: Danni B :: misty c :: Juanita R :: AUDREY V