- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 4 1/2 ounces finely chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 4 1/2 ounces finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Butter a cookie sheet.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Add both sugars, water, molasses, espresso powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir until sugar dissolves. Increase to medium heat stirring slowly but constantly until temperature reaches 290°F, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 cups of nuts. Quickly pour mixture onto cookie sheet. Tilt and bang edges of pan to spread toffee.
- Sprinkle white and dark chocolate on top. A tip is to do white chocolate first so it doesn’t all melt into the dark chocolate. Pat all chunks of chocolate down with a spoon.
- Sprinkle rest of the nuts on top of chocolate. Let cool and break into chunks.
This Texas Pecan Toffee recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.