- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose unbleached flour*
- 1 3/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Dublin Dr. Pepper® made with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate glaze made with Dr. Pepper®:
- 6 tablespoons Dr. Pepper®
- 4 ounce bar of good quality chocolate, semi sweet
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 24 cup cake liners into muffin tins and set aside.
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs til smooth, add Dr. Pepper and buttermilk. Whisk to combine. Add oil and vanilla and whisk well.
- Whisk in dry ingredients, do not overmix. Fill cup cake liners 3/4 full and place in oven.
- Bake until center bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean, about 22-25 minutes.
- For chocolate glaze: chop chocolate in small pieces and place in a small bowl.
- Bring Dr. Pepper to a full boil and pour onto chocolate. Whisk until smooth. If lumps remain, place for a few seconds in microwave.
- Glaze will thicken as it cools. Glaze can be placed in the microwave for a few seconds to soften.
- Pour glaze on cooled cup cakes and decorate with berries or other fruit.