Simple Tomato Cream Pasta Sauce
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Simmer time 45 minutes to an hour
- 2 cans (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) salted butter
- 2 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Combine tomatoes, butter, sugar and seasonings in a medium sized sauce pan over low heat. Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or longer.
- Add heavy cream and once again bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Serve over pasta, or as desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Azual :: KitchenMouse :: Lisa T :: Ayesha U :: lilyayi :: susie :: Chef maxfield :: Melissa M :: Adgiant :: elmarie c :: Susie B :: bugs1952 :: KEITH :: Cathy :: Emma H :: Phyllis :: Ang :: Julia J :: dameekia e :: Shadyrestbaskets