- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 4 cans cream of chicken or mushroom condensed soup
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 box onion soup mix
- Chicken Flavored Rice-A-Roni, extra wide egg noodles, white rice or macaroni (optional)
- In a large casserole dish, mix together soups, water and onion mix until thoroughly stirred.
- Add chicken on top. Spoon sauce over chicken. If the sauce seems too thick for your liking - add a bit more water. If it is too thin - add another can of condensed soup.
- Cover pan with foil and place in a 350 F oven. Bake for 2 - 2 1/2 hours until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- During last 25 minutes of baking, prepare your rice/noodles. When everything is done, place rice/noodles first in bowls, then cut up chicken into bite size pieces, and then spoon sauce over top (be generous!)
- Add the soups, water and onion mix first. Then add chicken, being sure to "smother" them in the sauce. Place lid on Crock Pot and cook on low for 6-8 hrs or on high for 2-3 hours. (Chicken comes out softer and juicier in the crock-pot!) Prepare your rice/noodles. Enjoy!
- You can add seasonings if you wish - Ex.: Black pepper, salt, even garlic is great!
This Brown Chicken recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.